Okay hear me out, because this is definitely going to be an unpopular one amongst the design community.
Not every brand needs branding. OOP thats a biggy.
As a designer, I see all the posts trying to convince anyone and everyone to book their branding and see the immediate success that will flock to you. Honey, i’m sorry to say it, but it doesn’t work like that, and not everyone is ready for branding.
The branding process itself is a very strategic process ( i’m not talking about a single logo here LINDA)! It takes a semi clear idea of you brand, and how you want to portray yourself to the world.
So for those of you questioning if you’re ready, here are some things you should have basic level of understanding on before saying up up and away.
- Why do you do what you do?
- Who are you specifically targeting? (and don’t say everyone)
- What are your long term goals for your business?
- Do you know the value of good branding & strategy?
- Do you have clear narrowed down services? (ideally 3-4)
- Do you have set pricing?
- Do you know the style you’re looking for with your brand design?
Brand designers are here to create brands that make waves, not to confuse potential clients.
Take your time, think big picture, what you would define success as, and what you want your brand to look like, because you wont be happy if you don’t know what you’re looking for.
Think you have a basic understanding and ready to dive even deeper? Check out Frinklys branding packages which include a 28+ page brand strategy roadmap for the clarity every brand needs!